Thursday, September 17, 2009

you are what you eat so I want to be Japanese (m)

Six days in and I'm sick of this.  I really don't like having to count and account for every flippin' thing I put in my mouth.  I find the process of keeping a journal exhausting.  I'd rather not eat than: a. use the slide rule to find out how many points something has (calories and fiber on one side of the slide rule, fat on the other ) and b. write the answer down.  I think the journal is a trick to deter us from eating versus seeing what we ate.  I can only imagine what would happen to me if I wrote down every thing I USED to eat.  Probably Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

Breakfast was yogurt, cinnamon and half a banana.  Lunch was a grilled chicken roll-up (small) with barbecue sauce (one teaspoon) and an apple. Dinner was surprisingly good.  I decided to get sushi versus eat anything in my refrigerator.  I called Lyn and had her look up the points for sushi.  I was very surprised, encouraged, and happy to hear you could eat reasonable quantities without breaking the bank.  I had tuna sushi, a salad (what IS that orange dressing they put on the salad?) and two gyoza (pork dumpling).  Tasted great and did the job.

No wonder the Japanese are so thin.

Weigh in tomorrow.    I have a significant amount of weight to lose and am hoping I've made a tiny dent. I asked my husband if he thought I looked any thinner and he turned to me in astonishment and said:  "Are you shi-----  me?"

1 comment:

  1. The timing of the invitation to follow this blog was very auspicious because I read the invitation on my blackberry when I was waiting for my doctor to come into the exam room. I'm diabetic and have to keep my wait low. I was good after the original diagnosis but have slipped and have gained back some of the weight I've lost. My doc seems to focus on weight more than anything else. I could have a massive head wound and he'd be looking at the scale. He made a horrifying suggestion during yesterday's appt. He wanted to know if I'd be interested in joining "Overeaters Anonymous"! So the timing of your invitation was perfect.

    ReplyDelete