Wednesday, July 7, 2010

closet cleaning...again (m)

Spurred by my friend Susan's comment that my tee shirt was too big, I went into my closet in search of other options.

I put a fan in the walk-in closet and started to sift through the clothes I had just sorted in March.  One thing led to another, and before I knew it, I was trying on pants.  Four out of ten pairs fit.  The rest were too big. 

I then moved on to shirts and jackets.  Same thing.

Then skirts and dresses.  Ditto.

I started to put everything back in its place and then I thought about it.  Why would I save those clothes?  Was I hoping to gain weight?  Were they so valuable they were worth altering?  The answer was "no" to both.

I put all the clothes...pants, blouses, jackets, skirts...into two large trash bags and tied them up. 

I looked back at my closet...it's getting empty.  There are only two items that are too tight at this point.  The rest fit or are a little loose.

I have a whole new wardrobe of clothes never worn because they were too small when I bought them.  On Monday, I cut the tags off a white linen blouse and graphite colored paper-thin linen pants.  They must be five years old, but definitely still in style.

I'm wearing colors for the first time in a long time.  The blacks are receding and, in their place, whites, pastels and jewel tones are popping up.

I don't recognize my own closet.

I'm not going to lie to you....this is a little scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment