Friday, July 23, 2010

milestone achieved today (m)

September, 1994.

A young working mother drops her spirited first-born son off for his first day of kindergarten.  In her left arm, she is holding her toddler second son.

A loving aunt who takes care of both boys while the mother works, suddenly says "Hold it right there.  Let's take a picture."

The older son mugs for the camera, the younger one--still in his Hanna Anderson pajamas and hand-me-down slippers and Land's End jacket (from Abby)--looks a little perplexed by all the commotion.  The mother secures one son with her right hand and holds the other with her left... and smiles.

Here's the photo of Sam, Harrison and me.   It's one of my favorites.








It's been almost 16 years since this picture was taken.    Sam is now a junior in college, Harrison is a junior in high school and about to get his driver's license.  The loving aunt has since passed away.

Today, for the first time since this picture was taken, I weigh the same as I did then.  This was my interim milestone and I achieved it.

My buddy Elaine at WW weighed me in this morning and got teary-eyed.

I got home and told the kids. 

Harrison scrutinized the picture, then me.

"You body doesn't seem the same as it did then," he said.

"What do you mean," I asked.

"You seemed alot taller to me then."

I suppose to an 11-month old, I was.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:53 PM EDT

    Love it, Mare...congratulations!!!
    xoxo
    Ab

    ReplyDelete