Friday, July 9, 2010

pencilled in (lyn)

I do a lot of things electronically.  Mail. Calendars.  Address Book.  Writing.  Tracking.  Banking.  Shopping.  But I do keep an old filofax around .  I use it to still record appointments.  When I travel, I never take it with me.

When I arrived home from my parents, I went to update a few events on my filofax and noticed the following entry for  June 16, 2010:  

                     goal -- 9mos -- 122  

I’d written this on September 16, 2009.

Seeing this in writing reminded me that when I wrote it I was not the 121 I am today.  I was still wearing clothes to cover my body, as if that would prevent people from noticing how heavy I’d become.  

I had confidence when I wrote those words that they would become true.  I'm so happy that they did.  I wish my other goals were as easy to achieve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment