Friday, July 23, 2010

it happens again (lyn)

It’s early morning, and I decide to stay home and make census-related calls.  I put on a long white flowy skirt with a grey fitted tank.  I’m tan so I wear no makeup.  My hair is pulled into a ponytail.

I get in the elevator and bump into a neighbor.  Someone I see regularly in the building and on the street, but our conversations never extend beyond the weather and hello. We don’t even know each other’s name.  But this morning, she looks at me and says, “Did you loose a lot of weight?  You look very glamorous.”  As soon as she says it I feel it.






I worry that this gets tedious to read, though it never gets tedious to hear.  It had been such a long time.  It's good to be noticed again.  


The less of me there is, the more of me that's seen.


No comments:

Post a Comment