Monday, July 12, 2010

I like when this happens (lyn)

I’m walking down the street and I see someone I know.  Not someone I’m very close to, but someone who lives in the neighborhood and I see around.  We stop to talk and she immediately says, “You’ve lost a lot of weight, haven’t you?”  I tell her I have and she responds, “You look amazing.”

It’s a good feeling. 

There’s a CitiBank on the corner of my street that I pass about every day, and it has a mirrored wall.  I used to walk by and when I dared look at my reflection I was truly horrified that the person staring back was actually me.  I felt so distant from the person I’d become.

But today I am exactly who I want to be.  Weight-wise.  Now if I could only find the perfect man.  Or if not that,    the perfect job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment