Friday, July 16, 2010

eating right requires some planning (lyn)

Last night I went to a movie screening of INCEPTION with Jill and Robyn.  We had to arrive by 6:15, which means leaving home by 5:30, and thus eating dinner by five, a ridiculously early hour.  Ended up having a turkey burger with Pringles (9 points).  The movie was incomprehensible.  Within five minutes of its start, I loathed it.  I had absolutely no idea what was going on, and kept checking my watch every ten minutes for the next two and half hours.  I wasn’t alone, as little rays of light kept emanating from the blackberries and iPhones of others.  By the closing credits I was still confused, and had lost all interest in caring for any of the characters.  Came home and had a small mango sorbet, and talked to Alexander about his favorite topic:  college.

Today, I again have to arrange my day around eating.  I need to run an errand around 11 and then be at census training by 1 (I’ve been called back to duty to do some more enumerating for a couple of weeks.  I guess they didn’t hate me that much).  So I have to decide about lunch before leaving the house.  I come up with this plan:  a 100-calorie bagel (with fat-free jam) and coffee with half and half for breakfast.  A cup’s worth of grapes and a ww sweet and salty bar for lunch (5 point total for breakfast and lunch, leaving 13 points for later).

Alexander goes out with a friend for dinner and I order in sushi.  Here's another reason to love NYC.  One of my favorite sushi restaurants, Wasabi Lobby (bad name, I know), is running a special of 20% off all orders through September if you order online.  So I place my order and immediately receive a confirming email:

\
Friday, July 16, 2010, 7:51:06 PM

Delivery

Friday, July 16, 2010

Order Details

Special Instructions:  extra soy sauce (in little container-not the ones you rip open; i don't like those)




No.Item DescriptionPortion/QtyTotal

1American Sushi : 3 pieces of salmon, yellowtail and tuna sushi with spicy tuna crunchy roll and salad125.00

SubTotal25.00
Pre Tax Discount(5.00)
Tax1.78

Total21.78


Notes: Special Instructions or Menu Modifications may alter pricing.



At 8:02 my buzzer rings.  Eleven minutes after placing my order.  I don't think I could live anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment