Sunday, August 28, 2011

an angel gets her wings (m)

My friend, A, passed from this life on Saturday morning. 

T, Harrison and I were driving to New York to visit Sam at college and have Harrison tour the school when my cell phone beeped.  It was a text from A's husband telling me what I already felt in my bones. 

I met Sam and his friend Sam P (who also knew A) at a spot on the top of a hill overlooking a beautiful vista of  blue skies, trees and rolling green lawns.  It was a sunny day and I thought the spot was a good place to break the news to the boys.  It just felt closer to the heavens. 

The boys and I had a good cry and a group hug.

It was decided the boys would drive to Boston that evening to be there to support A's eldest son who is their good friend.  His birthday is the next day.

Got home and made food for the aunties who said they were all set with crackers (really...where are my cousins?) for the storm.

At 8 p.m., I drove 25 miles to their home and loaded them up with salad, pasta e fagioli, stuffed shells and homemade cookies.  Grief makes me crave carbs so that's what I made.

Got back to my house at 10 p.m. and started a laundry. 

Fell asleep at 3 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment