Wednesday, August 10, 2011

progress (m)

Each year I teach one class at a business school.  I've been doing this for the past three years.

The first time I did this, I weighed 75 pounds more than I do now and I was missing five teeth on the upper left quadrant of my mouth (you couldn't see it, but it made me self conscious).  The weather was in the high 80's with high humidity. The walk from the upper deck of the garage to the business school building almost killed me. 

Two years ago, I had my inplants in but my weight hadn't changed.  I got smarter about the parking (parked on the lower level of the garage) and wore comfortable shoes.  My outfit was very tight.  Still, it was nice to have teeth.

Last year, I had lost about 60 pounds vs. the prior year.  I wore a comfortable, new outfit.  The walk from the garage was a breeze.  The professor noted my weight loss.  He told the class "She looks much better than she did last year."  High praise...sort of.

Tonight, I walked into class wearing a striped tee-shirt, slacks and a jacket.  The class was highly animated and engaged.  I had a blast and it made me realize how much I miss doing the kind of work I did during my career. 

As I was leaving, the professor thanks me for being a guest lecturer and says, "You look fantastic."

Progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment