Friday, August 12, 2011

ochocinco, stay at my house! (m)

The New England Patriots just signed receiver Chad Ochocinco.  You may know him from football or from Dancing with the Stars.  Tall. Dark. Handsome.

Chad Ochocinco, or rather, his PR team came up with a great idea for getting him acclimated to life in Boston: have him move in with a fan for several weeks.

Driving Sam to the train station yesterday he says, "Mom, we should make a pitch to have him live with us.  It'd be great!"  Just the day before, I told Sam that I may be giving his room to an Olympic gold medalist figure skater (a beautiful Korean woman) for a weekend in October.  "No way," he said. "Not my bed."

Now, all of a sudden, he is okay with this guy staying with us for several weeks.

The only requirements on Ochocinco's part are internet access and X-box, both of which we have.

Last night, I get a call from Cousin Patty.

Patty:  Did you hear?  Ochocinco's looking for a family to stay with!  You should offer him your house!
Me: Yeah, Sam said the same thing.  I don't think so...
Patty: Why not?  You've got everything for him...internet access, X-box, you're close to the Pike so it's an easy commute, he'd have his own bed and bathroom, you've hosted athletes before and you've got a hot tub for him to soak his muscles at the end of a long day.  It'd be perfect!!!
Me: Lots of people have alot to offer him.  Why would he choose us?
Patty: Well, tell him I'll come over and cook for him everyday. I'll make him anything he wants.

Talk about a competitive advantage.  I think I'll do it.






No comments:

Post a Comment