Wednesday, December 9, 2009

bad news, good news (lyn)

The day does not start well. 


I open my mail from yesterday and see next year’s first quarter bill from my health insurance provider.  Because I am no longer working for a company, I buy insurance through an organization I belong to for women in film and television.  My premium has jumped almost 20%, and is now over $1,500/month.  And, I should be grateful I can even get coverage.  The bill so overwhelms me I find myself in tears, and it is only 8 in the morning.

There is a major snowstorm blanketing ¾ of the country, but here in New York we only get rain.  Lots and lots of it.  How disappointing. 

I get to Weight Watchers soaking wet and am worried that the rain will add to my weigh-in.

I’m surprised that so many people have made it to class, considering the dreadful weather.  It’s such a spirited and supportive group.  I truly enjoy coming each week, and it appears that everyone else does too.

I dry off as best I can, take off my sweater and watch, and get on the scale.   Robin, sweet Robin, is bursting with excitement.    “One point eight pounds,” she says, “and you get a star for losing over twenty pounds.”  She tells me I should be so proud, and truthfully, I am.  Twenty pounds in 12 weeks.

The day just got a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment