Sunday, December 27, 2009

an uneventful day (lyn)

My apartment is so hot.

Last night I ran the AC, and probably will again tonight.  I removed all the radiators from my home several years ago, but because it’s an old building with a boiler, and because I live directly two floors above it, there is nothing that can be done, so says the Super.  Better that Alexander and I should live in a sauna (“You can always open a window,” I’m told) than that the people on the higher floors should be too cold.  Love the either-or assertion vs. looking for a real solution.

After two days of rain, the sun finally comes out today and Alexander returns home.  I feel the beginnings of an annoying cold:  running nose, scratchy throat, and exhaustion for no reason.  I shop (but buy nothing), read (but retain little), and eat (without enjoyment).  All I want to do is crawl into bed and sleep in my ridiculously warm (80 degree) room, while Alexander and his friends watch football.

No comments:

Post a Comment