Tuesday, December 8, 2009

new sweater (m)

My new fuschia cardigan is too big.  I bought it in September.  It kills me to buy a new sweater because I want to blow through the next 50 pounds and then concentrate on buying clothes.

I call Land's End while driving to a meeting.  I ask the salesperson to look up my previous order and get me the same sweater but two sizes smaller and in a different color.

She wants to know where to ship this smaller sweater.  I tell her it's for me.  Long pause.  I can tell she's confused.  I explain I've lost 30+ pounds since September.  She sighs and says "I've got to do something about my weight.  How'd you do it?"

Next thing I know, 15 minutes elapse while I explain the WW program to her and encourage her to do it.

She thanks me and says the shipping is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment