Tuesday, December 8, 2009

feelin' groovy (lyn)

This morning Karen and I leave our homes at 6:45.  It is dark and cold (34 degrees).  But by the time we reach the park, the sun is beginning to rise, and our bodies have warmed up.  In fact, the brisk air causes us to walk faster than normal.  That, and non-stop conversation make our 3.6 mile walk go quickly.


Karen tells me that on Friday she and her husband and two young children went to the Saucon Valley Mall in Pennsylvania.  They took their kids to see Santa, but were disappointed when they got to the mall and saw Santa dressed in overalls.  Turns out, they were told, it was casual Friday, so Santa didn't have to wear his Santa suit.  Hard to imagine someone proposing this idea and then a group of mall-exeutives approving it.  Good they're not in charge of the tooth fairy's work hours, or she'd never be able to make her late-night rounds.

Anyway, I get home, shower,  and decide to break in my new lululemon Wunder Groove Pant.  They fit like tights, are comfortable, and very slimming.  As I cut the tags off the pants, I notice the following notation:

Why we made this?
A medium rise pant ideal for yoga, boxing or the gym

I suppose it’s okay that I don’t do yoga (tried it and hated it), certainly don’t box, and regrettably have not yet joined a gym.  But I do love them for just hanging out.  With my Uggs, it's a great run-around-town look.

So I’m in my apartment wearing my Wunder Groove Pant and a body-hugging long-sleeve white T when my building’s handyman comes in to check something.  Mike is great, and I’ve known him now for over 10 years.  We have a cordial relationship that rarely goes beyond hello, and would you mind taking a look at my freezer (or some other noun) that isn’t working right.   So this morning, Mike is standing in front of my uneven closet doors and in the middle of measuring them he looks at me and says, “Wow.  Did you loose a lot of weight?  You look like a teenager.”

It doesn’t get much better than that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment