Friday, December 11, 2009

within my points with bad choices (lyn)


The logistics of eating little and eating well can be challenging.  Take today, for instance. 

I get up at 6:30 expecting to walk with Karen.  But when I turn on the TV and see it’s 22 degrees out, I text her and we decide to pass.  I get up anyway.

I do some things around the house, have a cup of coffee topped with low fat foamed milk (an amazing combination I discover years behind the rest of the world), and leave my home around 10 to run errands. 

I'm in awe of New York's beauty at Christmas time.  The magical store windows and the iconic decorations (such as the Cartier building wrapped in a big red ribbon, or the giant snowflake illuminating the intersection of Fifth and 57th) make it understandable why so many visit this spectacular city in December.  But awe is replaced with frustration after an hour or so in midtown.   After fighting my way through the sidewalk crowds I become less-enamored with the tourists and just want everyone to enjoy the city from the privacy of their hotel rooms. 

I get home around 2 and I’m starving.  I grab an apple and then contemplate a late lunch, knowing that I have to leave in two hours.  I resist the easy, most tempting solution (to grab a slice of pizza), and settle instead for a WW frozen ravioli with a slice of Arnold’s sandwich thins.

I meet Zelia for a screening of Crazy Love with Jeff Bridges, a movie we both enjoy.  In the no-eating private screening room I sneak a WW mini-bar. 

I get home around 8:30, famished.  I eat another Arnold’s sandwich thin, but this time I top it with scallion cream cheese.  Then I finish the day with a piece of angel food cake with chocolate frosting.

I’m within my points and feel poorly nourished.  I should have planned better.

No comments:

Post a Comment