Saturday, December 5, 2009

"i think we have to buy your mother a new shirt" (m)

My family room is two and one half stories high.  One one side is a little "cut out" section which opens up to my office on the second floor.  I am there right now, working on my computer.  My mother is below, in the family room, talking to Harrison. 

I wasn't paying much attention to what they were saying until I hear this:

My mother: "I think we need to buy your mother a new shirt." 
Harrison: "Yeah, I know, her clothes are getting too big."
My mother:"She is ridiculous.  Look at this shirt!"
 (I peek out to see what she's holding:  it's Chairman Mao 1)
Harrison: "Oh, that's her old shirt.  She has a new, smaller one like that."
My mother: "As I said, I think we need to buy her a new shirt."

Maybe it really is time for a new image.

No comments:

Post a Comment