Friday, December 18, 2009

lucky me (m)

Weighed in today: down 3.6 pounds.  Total to date: 35.4 pounds.

Elaine gives me a bookmark with seven stars on it...one for each 5-pound weight loss.  If I had a tail, it would be wagging a mile a minute.

Waiting for the class to start, this woman approaches me and says she has my clothes ready for pick-up today.  What?  What clothes?  Turns out, it's Leslie, the saleswoman from Bloomingdale's who helped me last week (I mentioned I go to WW on Friday at this center). We had agreed to leave the clothes there and ring them up today so I could get the sale price.  Leslie tells me she took an extra 30% off on the sweater.  This is turning out to be a good day!

Today's class topic is about perseverance.  I reflect on this.  I've never worked so hard to lose weight as I have these past two weeks.  I lost my motivation a bit, and even though I followed the program, my scale didn't move except for up most of the time.  I was going out of my mind.

Karen, our leader, asks me what is keeping me going.  Honestly, I tell her it's the blog and the fact that I am doing this with the help of my closest friends...friends who are doing WW with me (Lyn and Mary who not only is doing it, but is the one who pushed me to go to WW in the first place) and friends who are rallying behind me (Abby and Susan who are there every step of the way) as well as the followers who leave motivational messages from time to time (I'd comment back but it doesn't seem to work when I do it so I'll say "thank you" here). 

Karen says I am very lucky.

She doesn't know how lucky I am to have the friends I have.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:52 PM EST

    You seem like a really lucky person because you are so giving. I'd say your friends are so lucky to have you as their friend.

    ReplyDelete