Wednesday, January 18, 2012

drop-in surprise (m)

Years ago, a woman named S worked for me.  Very smart, very ambitious.  She met and fell in love with D.  They were perfectly suited for each other.  They both liked clothes and shopping.  I think you catch my drift.

Their wedding was phenomenal.  It was in New York and I stayed at my friend Susan's in Wesport, CT. for the weekend.  I am in their wedding video, dancing up a storm. 

Years later, they moved to a large house on my street where they began to raise their four beautiful, athletic children.

Then all hell broke loose.  D left S for another man.  They had to sell the house.  We were so sad when they left our neighborhood.

Since then, S has opened a great store in a nearby town.  Very hip, edgy clothes and accessories.  It was written up in Daily Candy.  I've bought a few things there, mostly scarves, bracelets and purses. 

The other day, I had a meeting with someone who is starting a business and wants me to join her.  She chose the restaurant.  It was right across the street from S's shop.  I was early, so I went in.

S was working that day and I was so happy to see her.  Her jaw dropped.  She hadn't seen me since I lost weight. 

I wanted to give her some business, so I instinctly went to the scarves.  She laughed and said, "I think you can look at the clothes now!"

Not quite.  But it was nice that she thought so.


No comments:

Post a Comment