Wednesday, January 18, 2012

veggie egg white (m)

On the go all day today.  Getting ready for our trip to California on Friday.  Hair cut, manicure/pedicure (mostly because I will have to take my shoes off at security in the airport and I don't wear socks-ever) and teeth cleaning at the dentist.

No time for breakfast.  Between appointments and errands, I stop for something to eat at Dunkin' Donuts.  I am so hungry, I want to order two orders of hash browns, a bagel with cream cheese and some chocolate munchkins for dessert.  Instead, I order green tea--black--with lemon and I debate which protein option is the leanest.  I decide on one of the egg wraps.  The staff in this Dunkin' Donuts is all-Vietnamese.  A family, I think.

Here goes:

Man: What else I get you?
Me: Ah, I'll have an egg and cheese breakfast wrap.
Man: Egg and cheese wrap?
Me: No...I changed my mind.  I'll have an egg white veggie flatbread sandwich.
Man: No egg and cheese wrap?
Me: NO.  AN EGG WHITE VEGGIE FLATBREAD SANDWICH.....NO BREAD.
Man: No bread?
Me: No bread.  Oh, and no cheese, either.
Man: No bread no cheese?
Me: Yes, that's right.
Man: You change mind.  Bread and cheese now?
Me: NO. I NO CHANGE MIND.  JUST VEGGIE EGG WHITE.  NO BREAD. NO CHEESE.
Man; (hollering to the "cook" at the microwave) (in Vietnamese).  #$$#%^veggieeggwhitenobreadnocheese.
Cook: $%$#*&^&*%veggieeggwhitenobreadnocheeseHAHAHA!
Man:HAHAHAveggieeggwhitenobreadnocheeseHAHAHA

I get my order and look at it.  Wrapped in paper is a saucer-shaped white thing with speckles of green and red --presumably the peppers.  It looks like something the Jetsons would eat.  I sit and eat it --with my hands.  I feel eyes on me.  I look up and the man and the cook are snickering behind the counter.

I suppose it is a pretty ridiculous sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment