Friday, January 20, 2012

a recent poll on body image (lyn)

Fitness Magazine recently conducted a poll, and found that:

More than 50% of women think they look fat, and
The body part that women hate most is their thighs.

I don’t think I look fat any more; in fact, if I am wearing the right clothes I think I actually look thin.  But my hips still overlap my jeans.  Why is that?

I wear a size 27 jean, down from a 30 or 31 in 2009.  But still, my hips don’t fit snuggly inside my jeans.  Is this age?  Lack of exercise?  Or something else?

Tonight at book club I have a little bit of everything-vegetables in dip, a mixture of crackers, cheese, saltines, and chocolate.  I feel like the only one eating.  And I know I’m eating just because it’s there.

Maybe that’s the something else. Since I’ve stopped tracking, I give myself more liberty to eat.  When tracking, it’s easier to skip the snacking or the unfamiliar foods than to try and calculate their point values.

As for the body part I hate most…. I’m not thrilled with my thighs, but then again, I’m not too fond of my upper arms either.  It’d be hard to decide which I hate more; I'm glad I wasn't polled.

No comments:

Post a Comment