Saturday, January 7, 2012

progress (m)

Went to one of Sam's hockey games today.  They were playing up in Maine.  Some friends joined us so we could make a day of it. 

T and the other guy with us stop at a tavern for lunch.  They are at a table in front of the fireplace, watching the Bruins on the big screen.  T is planning a salad and contemplating the Wild Maine Blueberry Pie listed on the chalkboard.  I had to get out of there before I blew my point allocation. 

My friend and I decide to go shopping.  We split up and I head to LL Bean.  The store is enormous and, actually, is a series of stores. 

I walk in to the street level, past the coffee shop, past the doggie accessories area and up the stairs.  I look for a sweater for T and some shirts for Sam.  After I take care of them, I contemplate the stores in the area.  J.Crew, Vineyard Vines, The North Face, etc.  I am weary of shopping from Christmas.

Do I even need anything?

I look down at my baggy Eileen Fisher pants.  I hate alot of material on my pants.  I go upstairs to the women's department and try on six pairs of pants....all black.  The boot legs made me look like one of those puzzles where you put people together in four segments and a segment between my hip and femur were missing.  At first, I thought it was a trick mirror, but it wasn't. 

I go for a more tapered leg.  Better, but the pants are too big.

I go for a tapered leg and a smaller size.  Bingo.  We have a winner.  $39.50.  Not on sale.  It occurs to me that Lyn wouldn't be caught dead in these.

I make my purchase and decide to kill some more time in LL Bean.  Maybe I'll go look at the hunting gear just for fun.  On my way to that section, I notice a sign that says, "Women's Plus Sizes.".]  Wait a minute.  Wasn't I just there?

I look in my bag at my purchase.  It's a women's petite large.

I'm out of plus sizes on my pants!

This is a very big day.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:48 PM EST

    Yeah, Mare!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:38 PM EST

    Not only out of Plus sizes but you're a Petite!
    Great start to a new year...congrats!

    ReplyDelete