Friday, February 26, 2010

bm in the p.m. (m)

Friday mornings are my time to weigh in at WW.  I worked extra hard this week and was anticipating good news on Friday.  All week long, I ate lots of filling salads, chewed celery sticks, did  light veggie stir-frys and drank lots of water and iced herbal tea.

Just one problem.  Nothing was coming out the other end. 

By Thursday night, I felt like a dirigible...all blown up.  Something had to break.

Friday morning....woke up at 6 a.m.  No action.  Took H to school and came home...nothing.  By 9 a.m., I had to make a call.  Do I go in feeling like the Goodyear Blimp or do I wait for relief to come?

I decide to wait.  There's a class at noon.

My mother calls.  Why aren't you at WW now?  I wonder why she called when she thought I wouldn't be there.  I explain.  "That makes sense," she declares.

11:30....zip.  How can this be?  Now, I'm checking the schedule for Saturday.  I'll go then, I say to myself.  I can't take this stress of waiting to have to go to the bathroom.  I feel "lighter" just having made that decision.

Finally, at 7 p.m. on Friday, the stomach gurgles and I rush to the bathroom.

It took 5 days...but it happened.

Too bad there's no late evening class.

No comments:

Post a Comment