Friday, February 26, 2010

a tip from the waitress (m)

Busy morning.  Pop into Dunkin' Donuts for a cup of tea and some breakfast.  My friend, Mary, is talking to me on the cell phone.  I ask her if she thinks I should get one of those low calorie wraps at Dunkin' Donuts or eat later.  She reminds me how important it is to start your day with a good breakfast.

Get to the counter and order the Wake Up wrap...egg white.  I ask if they can not put the cheese on this.  The server asks the person making it to skip the cheese, then turns to me and asks if I don't like cheese.  I tell her I do, but I'm on WW and every little bit counts.  She then tells me she did WW last year and lost 27 pounds.  Then she says she stopped going to meetings and lost another 47 pounds on her own.

Her secret?  Green tea.  At least two cups per day.  She went from a size 22 to a size 14 in less than one year.  I thank her for that information, switch my order from Earl Grey to green tea, and leave a generous tip in her jar.

I turn around to go...the line behind me is long.  The men are pissed.  The women ask "What did she say about green tea and losing weight?"

No comments:

Post a Comment