Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I'm 29 again (lyn)

On December 16th I wrote, “until I can comfortably fit into a size 29 Paige or Joe’s jean, I know I still have a ways to go.”  Today I am almost seven pounds lighter, so maybe it’s time to try again.

I have to run an errand at Bloomingdales, so while there, I decide to check out the jeans.  Something I so loathed doing in the past.

Both the size 29 Joe’s and Paige jeans fit, and, are even a little big around the hips.  Now it’s true that the stretchy fabric may give a false read, but even so, less than two months ago these jeans were not fitting at all, and ten months ago, I was looking at jeans that were sized 31.  At this point, I think I can comfortably say, when asked (but of course no one ever asks except a salesperson), that I’m a size 29 jean. 

I leave the store and buy nothing.  Just knowing is good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment