Tuesday, February 23, 2010

an unwanted guest returns (lyn)

I’m on the phone with Shari, talking about the school benefit, sitting at my desk,  in my bedroom.  In my bedroom where I sleep.  All of a sudden a small grey furry thing scoots along the floor near my computer wires.  It’s a baby mouse.  I freak.

Shari reminds me of the time that she had a massive mouse problem that started with a baby mouse.  “Trust me, if it’s a baby you’re seeing, then there are more.”

Alexander is back to wanting a cat.  My super is just going to tell me to put down more glue traps.  But that’ll be tomorrow since he doesn’t work past 6pm.

The chicken I bought at Costco today is tasteless.  So are the brussel sprouts and tomatoes.  I’m too focused on the image of a mousse climbing into bed with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment