Sunday, February 14, 2010

valentine's day (lyn)

I ask Alexander to run a favor for me.  Could he pick up a book for me at Barnes and Noble?  It’s for my next book club meeting, and I have to stay home waiting for Cameron to call (he eventually does and in 20 minutes we seem to resolve everything).

Alexander runs the errand and returns with The Elegance of the Hedgehog.  Then he surprises me and tells me that he also bought me a Valentine’s Day gift.  He prefaces it with, “I got you something, and I’m really sorry.  I totally forgot about Weight Watchers.”  He then hands me a Godiva Dark Chocolate bar, filled with raspberry.  I doubt I’ll be able to eat it, but to be sure, I run to the computer and check out the point-value.  200 calories, 17 grams of fat, 4 grams of fiber.   Four points.  Hmmm.  Is it worth it to use four of my 35 bonus points?  Definitely, I conclude.

I savor every one of the 200 calories.  Its flavor made all the more sweet by the thoughtfulness of my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment