Tuesday, February 9, 2010

people are starting to notice (m)

I saw a commercial for a weight loss company.  You've probably seen it, too.  It's Nutrisystem.  The woman --Amy--lost 28 pounds and is strutting around like a peacock.  She's pumping her arms in her sleeveless shirt, she's walking s-l-o-w-l-y -by the pool in her bikini.  She's got boundless energy and life is so much better for her!  I hate her.  She's done.  28 pounds and she's done.

Meanwhile, yours truly is down 42+ pounds and is nowhere near the finish line.  In fact, I can't even see the finish line from where I am.

On a positive note, I have received some compliments recently:

Susan, my childhood friend, stopped by on Saturday to say happy birthday to my mother.  Susan said "you look good".

My oldest brother, Joe, saw me just as I walked into the party.  He came up to me and said "how much have you lost so far?".  I told him.  He said "looks good."

Phil, my other brother, said "don't you look good!"

My godmother and cousins from Connecticut said ,collectively, (remember...they do everything together) "you've lost weight!"

The coach/artist at the skating club saw me yesterday and said "I really think it's time to do your portrait.  Your cheekbones look great".  (I told my mother this last one and she said "Is she on drugs?")

Anyway, far from the goal line, but we're in the game.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:51 AM EST

    Any weight loss journey is a long & challenging one! Congrats on your weight loss & your amazing efforts to get healthy! How do you feel?

    Stay positive- stay strong- every little bit counts!

    It sounds like you have a wonderful support system & are surrounded by love! I really feel very strongly love & support aid so much in this journey!

    My wish for you is to be able to "strut Like a peacock", too!

    You go girl-
    CONGRATS-
    Amy

    ReplyDelete