Friday, February 5, 2010

irresistible cupcakes (lyn)

Three friends come over tonight to watch the movie FISH TANK.  The New York Times describes it as “tough and brilliant.”  Other top reviewers give it similar raves.  We are all anxious to see it.

My original plan is to order sushi, but I don’t.  Instead I decide to just grab a slice of pizza, but that doesn’t happen either.  I’m with Zelia and she always eats healthy.  In the end, we go to Agata.  I pick up a salad and buy six large cooked shrimp to add to it.  So far, a healthy dinner. 

Carol and Robyn arrive around 8.  Because Robyn is incapable of arriving empty handed, she shows up with a tempting box of Valentine’s Day mini cupcakes, topped with either white or pink frosting.  They are adorable.

Zelia is skimming a book on top colleges and becomes intrigued with a page that actually lists colleges by political leanings (she is eliminating from consideration all that fall under the heading Right).   Carol hasn’t eaten so she is searching through the delivery menus.  And Robyn is being social with both.  Everyone is happy and busy, so I sneak away to my room and calculate the point value of the little cupcakes.  There are three to a serving and total points are 7.  I can do it.  I am so excited.  I can eat three little cupcakes and still have a half a point left on the day. 

I return to the living room and around 8:30 we turn on FISH TANK,  “the most honored British film of the year…a Cannes Jury Prize winner… an emotionally stunning coming-of-age story.”  By 9:15, Zelia leaves, having declared the movie “not worth watching;” Carol is sound asleep on the couch; and Robyn and I are eating cupcakes and liking the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment