Monday, April 12, 2010

bathing suit exchange (lyn)

So today I tackle my armoire drawers.  I come across things I haven’t worn in years.  I also find a little skirt I bought in 1998 on Block Island.  It’s an inexpensive little skirt (I bought one in pale yellow and one in purple) to wear over bathing suits.  I wore the yellow one out, and for years wondered what happened to the purple one.  Now I know.  While in the beach-cover-up drawer, I find all my bathing suits.  Among them is a gorgeous tankini (bikini’s for older people) that I bought last year at Linda’s Bra Salon, size 10.  I try it on and it does not look good.  Too saggy.  It is unworn and still has all its tags.  I wonder if Linda will take it back and let me buy a new one in my size.  The worst that can happen is that she won’t and my mother will get her first tankini.  

I get to Linda’s and surprise, no other customers are in the store.  I explain my situation to the very-nice salesgirl (Linda is not in today) and without any begging at all she says I can exchange the suit.   I know I’m a size 8 (Linda herself confirmed my bathing suit size last time I visited the store) and I know I cannot afford the full priced suits, so we start looking through the big plastic bin containing size 8 Karla Colletto suits from last season that are now marked down.   Unlike last year when I was trying on suits and wanted to cry, this year I feel like I’m getting suited up for a stint on Baywatch.

All the suits I try on look great.  In the end, I make my exchange for a grayish purple one-piece with buttons down the front.  Very sexy and much better on than off.  Now I just need to get toned.  Just!  As if that part will be easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment