Tuesday, April 6, 2010

eating light (lyn)

Awake at 6 and decide to walk.  The weather is projected to be in the high 70’s, and since I do not like walking in the heat, I leave early.  It ‘s dark when I leave the house, but the sun is breaking by the time I reach the park.  There are so many bikers and runners and dog walkers there it feels like mid-day.  I even bump into an old friend I haven’t seen in a few months.  Get home by 7:10, in time to wake Alexander for school.

Spend all morning at Yankee Stadium for a Benefit meeting, and then drive with Shari up to school to run a couple of errands there.  All this on a stomach of only coffee and a VitaMuffin.  Come home at 2 starving.  But tomorrow is weigh-in, so I don ‘t eat much.  And what I do eat is not healthy- 5 cups of the 1-point popcorn, and a 2-point Roasted Almond Sensation by Weight Watchers. 

I have a lot of points left for dinner but still choose to eat light.    A salad of tomatoes, red peppers, and cukecumbers.  My big splurge is half an avocado.   A side of three shrimp.  And for dessert, a small Haagen-Dazs raspberry sorbet, only 3 points.  I serve the salad and Alexander asks, “What are we having for dinner?”  “This,” I say.  “Just this?  Are you kidding?”

It’s 9:30 and I’m  now making pasta with fresh parmigiano reggiano cheese for Alexander.   I’m appeasing some of my guilt for thinking a 5’10, 150 pound 17-year-old boy should be satisfied with a salad for any meal. 

Tomorrow I’ll make a big dinner.  Besides, it’ll be Wednesday, the start of a new week.

No comments:

Post a Comment