Saturday, April 17, 2010

becky's birthday (lyn)

Becky turns two today, and she is celebrating in style.  Karen has made a Dora party for her, and I'm invited.  Along with about 20 young kids and even more adults.  Most of the guests I've only met once before; this past September when Sam (Becky's brother) turned three.  These almost-strangers universally comment on how different I look.  "You've lost a lot of weight," is what the moms say.  And I love hearing it.  I'm glad Alexander isn't here to see me gloating.  He's at school taking part of an AP Exam for Spanish.  I feel so good that I have three small pieces of the two cakes Karen has made, one of Dora and one of Boots. 12 points, but worth it.  

Here's a picture from Sam's party on September 20, and one from today (below).  The beautiful little girl is Becky; I’m the older one with the shrinking body.



No comments:

Post a Comment