Saturday, April 3, 2010

shopping for spring clothes (lyn)

I awake to a beautiful day.  Walk 3.6 miles in 50 minutes, about a 14-minute mile.    I like timing myself as I can set goals.  What a surprise.

Motivated by the weather, I come home and decide to look through a big pine trunk for some spring clothes.  I find what I am looking for.  Old shorts and skirts from a previous life.  These were my favorites and that’s why I still have them; everything else was given away as I never thought I’d fit into them again.

I try the shorts first.

I try on the three pairs of running shorts I bought last summer.  Size extra large. I thought they ran small.  I think maybe I ran big.  Toss pile.

Next is a little beige pair of shorts.  Perfect.

Then three pairs of knee length shorts.  All too big, but two may be worth tailoring.  Especially the size Medium Da Nang camouflage shorts that I bought at my favorite store on the Cape called Maxwell’s. 40% off of $178.  The tags are still on them. A little big, but  definitely worth taking to the tailors.

Now the skirts.

I have two little (never-worn) Lilly Pulitzer skirts:  one in a sky blue pattern and one in a pink pattern. -Both fit nicely.  So does a cute Vineyards Vine skirt. 

I save for last my most favorite.  A little jean skirt that I love and haven’t worn in years.  I try it on and it fits again.  I put on a white shirt and my Uggs.  I feel skinny and good.  I like looking in the mirror.

I go to wake Alexander.  He looks at me and says, “You’ll change before Jason (his SAT tutor) arrives.  Right?”

I grab some berries and contemplate his request.

No comments:

Post a Comment