Saturday, December 31, 2011

a son's view (lyn)

I love having Alexander home.  The adjustment, I think, is bigger for him.  He thinks I nag him too much.  Today he tells me that almost all my sentences to him begin with the words:

-I want you to...
-Don't forget...
-Did you...
-Are you...
-How do I look...
-Can you take a picture...get my whole body...
-Do I look fat...
-Alexander!...
-Let me see [anything I told him to do that he's told me he's done already]...
-Can you...
-When are you going to...
-Don't forget...
-Turn down the music...
-Get up!  Do you know what time it is?

My list for him would be:

-Go in your room…
-Shut your door…
-What do we have to eat?
-Can I have some money for…
-In a sec (his answer to anything I ask him to do, which really means, maybe someday i'll   get to it)
-Wake me at…

But however we start our sentences, we always end the day and every phone conversation with the same three words.  That, I hope, never changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment