Friday, December 23, 2011

why I hate Snapfish (m)

My nephew Michael is still in China.  He lives a very ascetic lifestyle.  He survives on a budget of $5 per day.  Weeks ago, we asked what was on his wish list for Christmas.  "Nothing.  Don't get me anything."  C'mon, we said.  There must be something you want.

His mother said  to get him something small and meaningful.  I went to the grocery store and got Andy Capp's Hot Fries (his favorite food) and I ordered a box of ginger cookies from Williams-Sonoma and also bought a package of The Dancing Deer molasses and clover cookies.  These things I know he likes. 

I wanted to get him something else, something more permanent, something meaningful.  I remembered we took some nice pictures of him when he and his girlfriend were here this summer for my brother and sister-in-law's 40th wedding anniversary party.

I ordered the pictures online and bought frames at Home Goods.    I timed everything to arrive at least 2-3 weeks before Christmas to allow for travel time to China.

Then, I get a note from Snapfish:  "Due to the high demand for our penny prints sale, our elves are behind and we will get to your order in 2 weeks."

Seriously.  This is unacceptable.  A two-week delay for pictures at this time of year?  And how about that cutesy phrasing regarding the elves.  I'd like to wring their little necks.

So, I call Customer Service at Snapfish and am routed to someplace in India where Shekar tells me that he is very sorry and will take away the "expedited delivery" fee which I paid when I ordered them.  I wanted to say, "No sh-t, Shekhar," but I felt I was representing all Americans at that point.

I mailed the package sans photos and frames. Joe at the Post Office gave me my annual lecture about spending more on shipping than the contents (the hot fries are cheap).

The worst part of the whole thing is that I am so pissed I come home and eat Hershey's Kisses for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment