Monday, October 12, 2009

can you cash in points? (lyn)


I awake and The Today Show is profiling a woman who went from 347 pounds to 136 pounds in under 21 months.  She looks remarkable and feels great.  I am happy for her, but truly, I can’t relate.  She’s extraordinary and I’m just an every-day-girl trying to fit back into my old (which will be new) clothes.


 M is surprised about my Boca burger experience as she likes them.  I told her that I much prefer turkey or chicken burgers.  She’s aghast, and tells me that when she thinks of poultry-burgers she imagines a mix of eyeballs and feathers. 

I get on a scale and see that I’ve barely lost anything since my last official weigh-in on Wednesday.  And this, despite under-eating on points and not using up bonus points or activity points.  But the black cords I haven’t worn in over a year fit nicely, so I still am feeling good.

I run some uninteresting errands, eat very little, and look forward to dinner with my son.

He eats salad, pork chops, risotto;  I eat salad (lots) and WW Shrimp Marinara…the shrimp live up to their name (you actually can’t even find them in the pasta) and the total portion fills half my plate.  It’s a very unsatisfying dinner.  I end the day with six unused points.

I wish I could convert them to money and buy a pair of Prada boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment