Sunday, October 4, 2009

"try it; you'll like it" (lyn)


The thing about successful iconic phrases is that they perfectly convey a sentiment that becomes associated with a brand.


Take Nike’s “Just do it.”  I think of it every time I’m about to conjure a new excuse for not exercising.  Or Staples, “That was easy.”  Even when it’s not.  Like when I went to buy school supplies Labor Day Weekend and the check out line curled through the entire store.  Okay, in that case I thought, “that wasn’t easy,” but still, I remembered the line.

Well, I think Weight Watchers should be, “It really works.”   Granted, this is the first diet I’ve ever been on.  And yes, it’s only been two and half weeks, but I do see a difference.  And, I can still eat pretty much whatever I want, as long as I even it out over the week.   Tonight I’m looking forward to a prime cut of rib eye steak, about .7 pounds, not the fist-size 3 ounces that is recommended.  And tomorrow, I’ve already chosen a recipe for chicken with apples that is low on fat and low in calories.   I’m eating more vegetables and more fruit and I’m not constantly hungry.

I actually am enjoying the whole thing.  I don’t even mind shopping for the ingredients I don’t have.  It’s easier that I do it, than ask my son.  The other day I sent Alexander to Agata to pick up one yellow zucchini and one green one.  He returned with one yellow zucchini and one cucumber.  (When I told a friend of mine who also has a 17-year old boy she said, “That’s not so bad.  I sent Ian to the store to pick up a box of strawberries and he came home with the gigantic strawberries with stems used for dipping in chocolate”).  I guess I shouldn’t complain about a zucchini-cucumber mix up; at least they are both low in calories and about the same price.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:41 PM EDT

    This is the FIRST diet you've ever been on? Really?? You are one lucky woman!

    Even my 15 year old niece has been on a diet -- at least twice.

    Even when I wasn't overweight, I'd put myself on a diet...because I'd always assumed I should weigh less than I did...

    I'm thrilled that WW is working for you. You seem to be struggling less than my dear, dear friend, M.

    What is your secret? Do you LOVE food the way M does --in that sort of emotional, psychological way?

    Are you like me? I love food for the way it tastes and would happily eat candy and cake and nothing else if it didn't make my ass fat.

    Or do you eat the way my BF eats -- he just "fills the hole..."

    Again, you are one lucky chick -- to never have experienced the pain of the Low Carb, South Beach, Grape Fruit, Banana or Cabbage Soup diets...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your comments....and yes, I am lucky ...I love food but must have had a fast metabolism that has finally slowed....but I find this exciting, because I just know M and I will reach our goals, esp. having such a great supporter in you! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete