Saturday, October 3, 2009

thinking more-eating less (lyn)

I find myself thinking about food all the time.  No, not craving it, but rather planning it.  What should I buy?  How many points does this have?  Is it worth it, or should I eat something else for the same amount of points that I’ll enjoy more?  How should I allocate my 19 points throughout the day (yes, because I’ve lost weight I’ve lost an eating point)?  And what about those 35 weekly points I get to use however I want throughout the week?  If I don’t use them all will I lose weight faster?  The peasant bread I bought today at the farmer’s market is only 1 point per slice (2 points less than a multi-grain English muffin), and looks far more appetizing; I think I’ll eat that.  But even though it’s less points it’s probably not as healthy.  How do I weigh healthy points vs. non-healthy points?  I know salmon is very healthy but it’s high on points.  I think it’s worth it.   And what happens when I burn half the peasant bread slice in the toaster oven and only eat about ¾ of it, and it still comes to the same one point, do I take another slice and eat another ¼…shouldn’t I get the full value out of each point? But  I don’t, thinking that even though it’s the same value, less bread has to be better than more bread.  I’m going to a movie with Jill tonight.  What if she wants to eat out?  Being in a restaurant is too difficult.  Too many temptations and too many complicated foods for point-counting.  I’ll skip the restaurant part of the evening, but that shouldn’t be a problem as Jill often needs to minimize her time out in order to walk Brownie, her mini-daschund. 


There’s  a lot to think about in losing weight.  But this morning, when I woke Alexander, he looked at me in my jeans and white T and said groggily, “Wow, you really do look thinner,” making it  worth every single second of contemplation.

No comments:

Post a Comment