Friday, October 9, 2009

week #4 weigh-in: NOTHING (m)

As in "I lost NOTHING this week."  Ironically, I was beyond compliant with the program as I:

* ate less than my allotted points every day (by 2-3 points)
* never used any of my 35 bonus points
* weighed and measured everything

I'm not discouraged, just annoyed.

Some theories I have as to why this happened:

* I lost 16 pounds in 3 weeks and my body is saying "hold on, sister, you're going too fast"
* All the veggies I ate last night haven't worked their way through my system yet and were with me on the scale (there's no polite way to put this)
* I really haven't hit menopause and you-know-who is making her way for a visit (6 weeks late)
* I'm pregant with a boy who shall be named Jesus
* Weight Watchers' scale is off this week


They say a person's true character is revealed during difficult times.  I faced my "moment of truth" when I came home from Weight Watchers, hungry and upset after today's weigh-in.  I was alone in the house and could have anything I wanted.  It's easy to have resolve when things are going well but when you are discouraged it's easy to fall into a downward spiral.

My friend, Mary, (who got me started on Weight Watchers and has been AWOL these past few weeks) told me that there is no "typical 2 pound week."  She has tracked her progress through the years and says that sometimes you lose big and sometimes you lose nothing.  If you average the results ( add up the total lost and divide by the number of weeks) you may come out to two pounds per week in the long run.

That perspective helped.

I stood before the open refrigerator and pulled out the carton of egg whites and some more vegetables, sprayed PAM in the pan and made a veggie egg white omelet.  I drank a full bottle of water and went upstairs to my office to write.

I'm hoping the results will be better next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment