Wednesday, October 21, 2009

hitting rock bottom (lyn)

I get up at 6:30 and go walking with Karen.  I love leaving when it’s dark and seeing the sky lighten by the time we hit Central Park.  I’m hoping that by walking before weigh-in my weight might be lowered.

I come home, put on my weight watchers “outfit” and go to class.  Last week there was a rumor that one of the two check-in scales was slightly lower than the other.  I query some early arrivers as to which scale was registering the lower weight and no one can remember so I decide to try them both and see.  I get on the first scale and check-in.  Then I ask if I can get on the second scale.  I do, and Robyn consults with the first check-in lady and then smiles and tells me that the weights are exactly the same.  And, she adds, congratulations, you are down 1.2 pounds, for a total to date of 10.6 pounds.  She gives me a star.  I feel good.  But then, the first check-in person looks at me somberly and says, “We can’t do this every week.”  “Do what every week?” I ask.  “Weigh-in on two scales,” she says.  This is the first and only time I’ve done it and now that I know that both scales are equally calibrated why would I ever need to do a double weigh-in again?  I hate when people do this.    Take a singular act and expand it into many.  I decide that I don’t like the first check in lady and in the future will be checking in with the more cheerful Robyn.

My new weight allows me to now eat 18 points a day (down from 19 last week).  It is impossible to go below 18 points.  That means I’ve now reached rock bottom. I like it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment