Saturday, October 17, 2009

lost and found (lyn)

A friend of mine who goes on Weight Watchers when she wants to lose just a few pounds is now on it.  Her goal is only 7 pounds and she is almost there.  The other day she asked me if I’d thought of what meal I’d like to have when I reach my goal.  She already has a plan of where she’ll eat when her 7 pounds are gone.  But I don’t even think of what I’d like to eat, but rather what I’d like to buy.  Maybe a new pair of jeans?  But then, I have great jeans of varying sizes already in my closet.   A black pencil skirt, maybe.  Or a dress that is not loose-fitting.

I like getting dressed now.  Especially when my older clothes fit and my newer ones don’t.

Today I put on my favorite current jeans and realize they are too big.  As proof, I can literally put them on and take them off without undoing the zipper and button.  I find an “old” pair of jeans that didn’t fit last year, and today fit great.

I meet a friend at the movies and she comments that my silhouette is back. I hadn’t realized it had left, but I’m certainly glad it’s returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment