Tuesday, October 13, 2009

edna's secret (m)

I was watching the local evening news while making dinner.  As I was taking the stalks off the broccoli to prepare to steam them, I hear the newscaster say: "Next up, a very special birthday."  Who cares, I thought, probably some old geezer.

Turns out, it's Edna's 110th birthday.   She's a pretty spry thing, sitting in her wheelchair, boogeying to music.  She's wearing a nice suit and has the obligatory corsage. She's outlived all but one family member....her 84 year-old son.  The newscaster leans in and says (loudly): "Edna, what's your secret for living so long?"

Edna screams back: "Secret?  I don't have no secret!"    I look harder, Edna is eating something and has some schmutz on her suit. The newscaster turns to the camera and they pan out and he says: "Edna eats a large bag of Lay's Potato Chips every day!!"

I stare at my stalks of broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment