Monday, October 19, 2009

in the eye of the beholder (m)

I'm starting to get some comments (I'd say compliments, but read on and tell me what you think) about my weight loss.  Here's the list so far:

My brother Phil:  "You don't look so inflated"
My younger son:  "There's definitely less of you to hug"
My husband: (only when asked --so I don't know if I should count this-- and then he squints his eyes and stares for an interminably long time and says): "Hmmm....maybe your face?"
My older son: "Definitely. Under your chin and right here (pointing to my mid-section)". 
My elderly aunts: "Wow.  You went way down.  Your husband better watch out!"
My mother: "The weight is starting to fall off now"
My friend, Mary: "Yes, you can see it in your face"
My masseuse, Jeanine: "Wow.  This diet is really working for you.  It's incredible.  I see it in your back and shoulders".

And I?  I feel lighter, I think I look younger and my clothes fit so much better. 

As they say, "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels".

No comments:

Post a Comment