Wednesday, October 7, 2009

a pumpkin is missing (m)

Weight Watchers will tell you to substitute good behaviors for bad ones.  So, when my younger son Harrison was at his weekly appointment with the athletic trainer, I skipped my usual run to Dunkin' Donuts (coffee and "just" 3 munchkins) and went to a nice produce market.

After I rounded up the usual suspects --broccoli, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, celery and apples--I saw these beautiful pumpkins and thought I should get one to put outside our back door.  Besides, I'm a sucker for a good stem and these had really nice ones.  I found a perfectly round, rather large pumpkin and picked it up.  It was pretty heavy.  I had to lug it to the shopping cart.

The pumpkins were sold by the pound so it had to be weighed at check-out.  The cashier told me a price and I quickly converted it to pounds.  My pumpkin weighs the exact same amount as what I have lost so far--sixteen pounds! 

When viewed in a bright orange three-dimensional format, it looks pretty significant to me.

Maybe I'll bring it to the mammogram technician tomorrow and drop it on her toes to see if still thinks it's an "insignificant" amount.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:53 PM EDT

    What's with the "stem" fixation? What would Dr. Freud -- or John Darman -- say?

    By the way, a 16 pound weight loss is amazing!

    ReplyDelete