Wednesday, May 19, 2010

becoming a lifetime member (lyn)

I get my little gold key today, and become a Lifetime Member of WeightWatchers.  Steve makes an announcement and the group congratulates me.  I am actually down 2.8 pounds from last week, and now weigh 120.6 pounds.  I flip back in my little WeightWatchers book and can’t believe that it says I weighed 160 pounds on September 16.  I wish I could be more excited, but achieving this goal has been overshadowed by my constant concern over money.

A friend suggests we have dinner next week and I have to say no.  I can only justify eating out if it’s very inexpensive or if there’s a good reason, such as a friend in town or a celebration of some kind. I desperately need a haircut, as my hair is too long and straggly; it hasn’t been cut since February.  But because my usual stylist, Stanley, only takes cash, I have to switch to a place that takes credit cards. 

I spend another 8 hours being an enumerator.  This won't  even cover my haircut and tip tomorrow and the groceries I bought today.  I feel I’ve become poor overnight.

Is this the rest of my life?  Because I certainly don’t want to be a Lifetime Member of this club.



Postscript:
I will try hard to make this my last entry about finances.  It’s too depressing to write about, and certainly can’t be too entertaining to read about.

No comments:

Post a Comment