Saturday, May 8, 2010

week in review....highs and lows (m)

HIGHS

-"You look totally different"--comment made by my friend Susan's friend Pam who came to the awards dinner with us on Thursday.  I last saw Pam a year ago at my highest weight.

-"You really look good.  You go 'in' now"--my friend Susan.  This was accompanied by hand gestures suggesting a narrowing of the waist.

-"You look like Twiggy.  Straight up and down"--sit down for this one....it's from my mother yesterday. 

-"You've lost a lot of weight.  Your face really shows it"- a mother at the skating club.  She's about 20 pounds overweight, doing Jenny Craig, and trying to lose it all by her son's wedding in June.  Not going to happen.



LOWS

- Two friends whom I haven't seen in a while who were at the dinner on Thursday, sat right next to me, said nothing about my weight loss.  Didn't even notice it.  One of them, H, would notice a piece of lint on someone's jacket 20 yards away.  However, she said nothing.  Ouch.  The other, the hostess from the New Year's Eve dinner, who noticed the first 20 pounds did not notice the second 37 pounds.

Whatever.  I'll just keep plugging along.

No comments:

Post a Comment