Monday, May 10, 2010

a memorable mother's day (m)

Sam called early in the morning to wish me a Happy Mother's Day.  This is a sign of maturity that he made the call before the day got going as opposed to 11 p.m.  I commented on his card (a man in shorts with his butt hanging out...very tasteful) and he laughed.  He thanked me for all I do for him, the family and his friends.  The thank you was the best gift he could have given me.

My husband set up the new Keurig coffee machine that I won at the awards dinner the other night.  I had the winning raffle ticket and never won anything before in my entire life.   The fact that my husband took the initiative to set it up was a gift itself.  He also changed some light bulbs around the house without being asked.  Amazing.  Had Nostradamus met my husband, he would have said that these were signs the world was coming to an end.

Harrison gave me a bouquet of flowers and a homemade card.  The flowers were hydrangeas...one of my favorites.

My brother Joe and his wife hosted a brunch at their home.  I brought a large salad and they had tons of fresh fruit, eggs, bagels, etc.  I ate on plan and was happy there were options for me there.  The "aunties" were there and one of them (the one to whom I gave the pedicure which caused me to tear the meniscus in both knees) said to me: "M...you look beautiful....you glow."  I wore black leggings with a pink linen shirt (long) and matching camisole and black sandals with pink toenail polish (very uncharacteristic of me).  This almost made up for the fact that I wrecked my knees that day.

At night, Harrison and I and his friend Olivia went to see Jesus Christ Superstar at the Wang Theatre.  It was Ted Neely's last performance as J.C.  I never go to the theatre but this was excellent.  The music took me back to the days when I went around singing " I don't know how to love him" from Mary Magdalene's solo.  The cast was in tears when they took their curtain call.  Very moving.

All in all, a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment