Sunday, May 30, 2010

"did they notice your weight loss?" (m)

My mother asks me this question in reference to the graduation party on Friday evening.

To tell you the truth, not many commented on my weight loss even though I haven't seen most of these people in several months.

Why is this? 

Well, from my career in the packaged goods industry, the designers would tell you that scientific studies show that the way people process information -from a visual perspective- is in the following order:

1. colors
2. shapes
3. numbers (because numbers are shapes, e.g. "3")
4. letters

With this as a backdrop, one could argue my "shape" would still be categorized as on the large, round side.  So, until that changes, I'm not expecting too many comments.

On the other hand, the number one compliment of my night was for my white watch--a knock off of the Chanel ceramic series that I bought on Canal Street in NYC last August.  The real thing costs over $5,000.  This one cost about $40 and has run perfectly since I bought it.

I love it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment