Friday, June 11, 2010

awards banquet (m)

Tonight the skating club hosted its annual awards banquet.

My mother was at my house this afternoon.  I asked her if she wanted to join us.

"Are you crazy?  WHY would I possibly want to do that?".   You'd think I offered her a sip of arsenic.

Each year, the club event has a different theme.  This year's invitation said to Wear something nautical.  Yeah, right.  Let me get my plus-size sailor suit out of the closet.

I wore a striped t-shirt under a blazer with pants.  Navy and white.  A red bead necklace. 

Got to the club late as I had to drive my mother home.

As I walked around talking to people, I got several comments on my weight loss.   First time I've gotten several at once.

At the end of the night, Harrison and I were driving home.  I congratulated him on his two big awards.

He smiled and said, "Well, you got some, too".

What do you mean? I asked

"My friends all said you look fantastic".

No comments:

Post a Comment