Friday, June 4, 2010

why I didn't walk today (lyn)

As if I've been walking all the days before.....


But yes, I did expect to walk this morning.  Early, before the temperature climbs to 90 or so.  Karen and I have a plan to meet at 6:45.  That means getting up at 6:30, by far the hardest part.  My alarm goes off.  I turn it off.  Get up.  Throw on my shorts and T and running shoes.  Go into the bathroom.  Blindly brush my teeth and wash my face.  Look up to throw on some lipstick, and there it is.  A big sign posted to the bathroom mirror.  At first I fear it is a note telling me that the toilet has clogged again.  But no, this note is different.  A first of its kind.  It is a plea from Alexander, imploring me NOT walk to insure that I will wake him so he'll get to school on time for his last final.






In case you can't read it, the note says:

                  Please DON'T go.  I went to bed at 5 and I need to get to school by 8:30 to study.   Probably won't wake up alone.

Even this I'll miss when he leaves for college, oh so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment