Thursday, June 10, 2010

Beth finds me a red wrap dress (m)

Beth is the mother of one of Harrison's best friends.  Her son, A, is quite amusing and we enjoy when he comes to visit.  He's the only human thus far to make my mother erupt in a belly laugh.  We spent 15 days together, along with some teachers and classmates, on a trip to South Africa.  He brought his entire CD collection with him and kept me distracted when the tour guide rambled on about rock minerals and the mating habits of zebras.

Beth is the one parent I could always count upon to help with a ride home for Harrison.  When I was working, I had to rely upon the kindness of friends to pinch hit when a schedule changed and my regular plans fell apart.  Always with a smile, always with a ready hand to help.

Now, Beth has come through Big Time.

I got an email from her last week saying she may have found the red wrap dress in a boutique in our town.

I called the store and got a very perky sales rep named Meg who confirmed a wrap dress was there.

Me: What kind of wrap is it?  Is it a "true wrap" or a mock wrap?
Meg: Well, I think it's a true wrap.  It opens up all the way when untied. Is that what you mean?
Me: Yes!  That's a true wrap.  What about the sleeves?
Meg: They are 3/4 length.
Me: Perfect!  I hate long sleeves.  What about the neckline?
Meg: Um, it's a V-neck.
Me: I love V-necks.  Any collar?
Meg: No collar.
Me: This is excellent news, Meg! What's the largest size you have?
Meg: Size L.  Fits a size 12 or maybe a 14.
Me: Mmmm.  Okay, I'll take it. 
Meg: Well, I have to order it from our other store.  I only have the Small and Medium here.  Is next week okay?
Me: Meg, next year is okay.  That will be when I can fit into it, so next week is fine.
Meg: (sounding confused). O-o-okay...
Me: (feeling badly that I confused her). Does it also come in black?
Meg: Ah, yes, but it's the same sizing .....(she must have thought I was hoping other colors came in even bigger sizes)
Me: Meg...I'll take a black one, too.
Meg: Okay, great.  That'll be a week as well until it arrives.  Is that okay?
Me: (was she thinking I might say I can fit into the Black L now but the Red L a year from now?  This is where the conversation got a little strange). Yes, that's fine.
Meg: Okay, thank you for your business!
Me: You can thank my friend Beth S.who discovered the dress and let me know.
Meg: I know Beth.  She's great.  I really like her.

That makes two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment